View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:32 am

*  Forum rules
How to submit 3DS Max problem

Please the first try this simple steps: http://goo.gl/forms/a6BOh5kCfB

Be sure that you use the latest graphics card drivers before you post your problem.
Please follow these steps for submitting your problems to FurryBall forum - it will help faster solve your problem.
1) Send your System Info - 3DS Max version, FurryBall version, graphics cards, CPU, RAM etc.
2) Send whole log from 3DS Max console (under main menu Script->Console...)
3) Describe deeply your problem. If your FurryBall STOPPED rendering, describe what was changed in your computer (new hardware, new software installation)
4) You can also send simple example (picture or scene)
Also be sure that you read FAQ

msuraev
Post  Post subject: Many problems  |  Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:28 pm

Hello there.
So i was lured by some friend of mine, about this FurryBall renderer, so i've decided to buy a full version instantly, for my 3ds max 2013 (Design).

And... i wasn't expecting this.
First of all - all this "FurryBall RT" interface window looks glitching - i can't activate my license (http://imgur.com/99i6gTy), or choose a path for my 3ds max directory (http://imgur.com/AVbYy7b)

After many tries, i was finally able to activate my license (dunno how).

And the most important thing - it's almost impossible to render something with it, on my 3ds max design 2013 (64 bit) - it's almost constantly crashing. Does it happened, because of incorrect "path" setting in "FurryBall RT" window? And how it can be fixed?
Basicly - i've just copy "FurryBallRT.dlr" file, to Plugins folder manually, but i don't know is that correct.

I know, it's a beta for 3ds max (and i'm sure, that it works fine on Maya), but still - you guys asking 360 EUR for a complete license, and (for me, at least) it looks like a complete beta-testing.

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Many problems  |  Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:51 pm

Sorry for your problems, we will look on it asap.
Anyway you can't copy ANYTHING manually. It can cause your crashes.

Yes, It's as you writing - Max is in beta now, and the price is for render. All plugins (Maya, Max, Cinema) are for free. And Max is not finished yet.
We not understand, why you didn't try our Free, or Credit version before you purchase full license.
But of course, if we not repair your problem, say and we can give your money back.

All the Best
Jan

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Many problems  |  Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:07 am

msuraev wrote:
or choose a path for my 3ds max directory (http://imgur.com/AVbYy7b)
Just click on Update button in the bottom (whole text is Set 3DS Max plugin path).
Do not move any files manually!

msuraev
Post  Post subject: Re: Many problems  |  Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:37 pm

Ok, thanks, i will try to do that.

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Many problems  |  Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:38 pm

When you will have CORRECTLY installed FurryBall, please let us know is you have any other problems like crashing.
If yes, please write your scenario how it happened.

All the Best
Jan

msuraev
Post  Post subject: Re: Many problems  |  Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:48 pm

Ok, so i removed this "FurryBallRT.dlr" file from "plugins", which i was manually copying.
Right now i only have "FurryBall RT" folder inside it, with all content.

In 3ds max - i have a "FurryBall RT" tab on the top bar, but there's no "FurryBall" to be selected as an "active shade" rendered.
http://imgur.com/a/x7xq4

P.S. I pressed an "update" button before.

msuraev
Post  Post subject: Re: Many problems  |  Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:52 pm

If i manually load this plugin, with 3ds max "Plug-in Manager" - it keeps crashing on rendering.

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Many problems  |  Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:37 pm

We don't know, how you installed FurryBall, so please follow this steps first: http://goo.gl/forms/a6BOh5kCfB
If didn't help, please try to uninstall FurryBall and after that please run Windows Registry (WIN+R, type regedit) and search for FurryBall RT registry keys - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FurryBallRT\v1 and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FurryBallRT\v1. Delete both (if exists). After that install FurryBall again (you can download it from this site) into default directory - C:/Program Files/FurryBall RT.
After installation FurryBall First Setup Guide will be shown, please follow all steps. Be sure, that you have checked Set 3DS Max plugin path in last step.
Now you can start your 3DS Max. FurryBall should be loaded. Try to select it as Production and ActiveShade renderer and try to render simple scene - just a Teapot for example. If everything works, you can try some of your scenes.

msuraev
Post  Post subject: Re: Many problems  |  Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:51 pm

Jan_Smejkal wrote:
We don't know, how you installed FurryBall, so please follow this steps first: http://goo.gl/forms/a6BOh5kCfB
If didn't help, please try to uninstall FurryBall and after that please run Windows Registry (WIN+R, type regedit) and search for FurryBall RT registry keys - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FurryBallRT\v1 and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FurryBallRT\v1. Delete both (if exists). After that install FurryBall again (you can download it from this site) into default directory - C:/Program Files/FurryBall RT.
After installation FurryBall First Setup Guide will be shown, please follow all steps. Be sure, that you have checked Set 3DS Max plugin path in last step.
Now you can start your 3DS Max. FurryBall should be loaded. Try to select it as Production and ActiveShade renderer and try to render simple scene - just a Teapot for example. If everything works, you can try some of your scenes.

Not working still... Is there a way to manually set "3ds max folder" anyhow? I think it's gonna help.
What is the reason of Set 3DS Max plugin path, when you can't select it by yourself? When i click "update" button, it shows that "All variables have been successufully updated".

I have installed 2 versions of 3ds max on my system - 2012 (64 bit) and 2013 (64 bit).

Also - my Windows profile name contains non-english characters - maybe it's the problem?

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Many problems  |  Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:53 am

What exactly not working?
Does benchmark working to you and just Max plugin is not working? What happened? FurryBall is not loaded? Crashing?
In Max Plugin Managed - Do you see FurryBall here?

All the Best
Jan