View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:13 pm

*  Forum rules
How to submit Maya problem

Please the first try this simple steps: http://goo.gl/forms/075IC3TDpX

Be sure that you use the latest graphics card drivers before you post your problem.
Please follow these steps for submitting your problems to FurryBall forum - it will help faster solve your problem.
1) Send your System Info - Maya version, FurryBall version, graphics cards, CPU, RAM etc.
2) Send whole log from Maya output window
3) Describe deeply your problem. If your FurryBall STOPPED rendering, describe what was changed in your computer (new hardware, new software installation)
4) You can also send simple example (picture or scene)
Also be sure that you read FAQ

Noelram
Post  Post subject: Hair Clumping not working  |  Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:17 pm

I am trying to render an animation where my character has hair clump modifiers from xgen to give her bangs. However, when I render the animation with Furryball, the first frame renders just fine but the second and beyond renders without the hair clumps. I started a new clean file to see if it may be an issue with that specific file, but even when I started over and made a test hair clump, it still does the same thing.

1st frame: http://i.imgur.com/akgIntW.png

2nd frame: http://i.imgur.com/JaQp7mM.png

Whenever I am in Maya's normal viewport and play the animation, the hair behaves completely fine. It is only in Furryball's render that this happens. Should I deactivate and do a clean install of Furryball or is there a procedure I am not taking?

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Hair Clumping not working  |  Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:43 am

Please can you post here the simple scene with this issue?

All the Best
Jan

Noelram
Post  Post subject: Re: Hair Clumping not working  |  Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:11 pm

This is the simple scene I have created to test the hair clumps: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4u5o1jqljp4d ... 6zWga?dl=0

I even did a clean install of Furryball but still had no luck.

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Hair Clumping not working  |  Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Hi,

your file cannot work for me, I got this error:
Quote:
// Error: XGen: Failed to find test6/Clumping1/Points/pPlane1.xuv //
// Error: XGen: Searched path includes:
C:/Users/JanSmejkal/Documents/maya/projects/default/xgen/collections/test/test6/Clumping1/Points/pPlane1.xuv (Part of path doesn't exist)
C:/Users/JanSmejkal/Documents/xgen/test6/Clumping1/Points/pPlane1.xuv (Part of path doesn't exist)
C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/plug-ins/xgen/presets/test6/Clumping1/Points/pPlane1.xuv (Part of path doesn't exist) //
// Error: XGen: No clump guides found. [test,test6,Clumping1] //

Noelram
Post  Post subject: Re: Hair Clumping not working  |  Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:50 pm

How would I send you the file with xgen properties? What files would I need to include in the dropbox?

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Hair Clumping not working  |  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:22 am

Create new FRESH scene to NEW Maya PROJECT (Not ONLY .MB or .MA file, but send WHOLE project directory.

All the Best
Jan

Noelram
Post  Post subject: Re: Hair Clumping not working  |  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:55 pm

I have updated the dropbox with the new file: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4u5o1jqljp4d ... 6zWga?dl=0

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Hair Clumping not working  |  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi,
I have to change some paths to load this maps and points and you are right, only in first frame it works. However I cannot to find where is the problem, because this should be received from Maya and it gets points without modifications... We will try to figure out why, but I cannot tell you, when we fix it.

Noelram
Post  Post subject: Re: Hair Clumping not working  |  Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:49 am

Was thinking it may be a preference activated by Maya, and that I should probably do a clean reinstall of Maya to fix the problem.