View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:53 pm

*  Forum rules
How to submit Maya problem

Please the first try this simple steps: http://goo.gl/forms/075IC3TDpX

Be sure that you use the latest graphics card drivers before you post your problem.
Please follow these steps for submitting your problems to FurryBall forum - it will help faster solve your problem.
1) Send your System Info - Maya version, FurryBall version, graphics cards, CPU, RAM etc.
2) Send whole log from Maya output window
3) Describe deeply your problem. If your FurryBall STOPPED rendering, describe what was changed in your computer (new hardware, new software installation)
4) You can also send simple example (picture or scene)
Also be sure that you read FAQ

venomzeo
Post  Post subject: HOW DO I SETUP FURRYBALL FOR MAYA 2017 FOR THE FIRST TIME  |  Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:00 pm

i am using the free credit version of the render. the software is working how it should be but it is not rendering the image how it should. it renders the final product with an all white shade as in it does not have any shadows of any kind. everything is white. i can see that there is something there but the silhouette of the object that i am trying to render is white. i have tried changing the light settings for the final render but it does not help. i even tried to update the software to the latest version and it still does not render my images correctly. when i render using the native Maya render, Arnold, it renders my items correctly with shade and shadows but when i render using Furryball, it render the object but with no shadows or shade instead it renders everything into a flat white. i have attached a screen shot of what i mean by my problems. the LEFT render is Furryball and the RIGHT is the native renderer Arnold from Maya. please help me how ever you could. thank you

Attachments:
maya screenshot.png
maya screenshot.png [ 2.86 MiB | Viewed 2833 times ]
Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: HOW DO I SETUP FURRYBALL FOR MAYA 2017 FOR THE FIRST TIM  |  Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:27 pm

Hard to say what setup, lights, nodes... etc. can be in your scene.
ALWAYS try to the first some simple scene - just sphere with standard material and light.
Is it working?

All the Best
Jan

venomzeo
Post  Post subject: Re: HOW DO I SETUP FURRYBALL FOR MAYA 2017 FOR THE FIRST TIM  |  Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:49 pm

thats the problem. i do not know what i should be looking for. i figured that after installing the renderer,, it would start working properly but as you can see it doesnt. is there anything you think i should take a look at, change, or do so my renders come out correctly!?

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: HOW DO I SETUP FURRYBALL FOR MAYA 2017 FOR THE FIRST TIM  |  Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:35 am

Please send printscreen from the simple scene.

All the Best
Jan