View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:48 pm

*  Forum rules
How to submit Maya problem

Please the first try this simple steps: http://goo.gl/forms/075IC3TDpX

Be sure that you use the latest graphics card drivers before you post your problem.
Please follow these steps for submitting your problems to FurryBall forum - it will help faster solve your problem.
1) Send your System Info - Maya version, FurryBall version, graphics cards, CPU, RAM etc.
2) Send whole log from Maya output window
3) Describe deeply your problem. If your FurryBall STOPPED rendering, describe what was changed in your computer (new hardware, new software installation)
4) You can also send simple example (picture or scene)
Also be sure that you read FAQ

lollarpop
Post  Post subject: Furryball Export and Benchmark Error  |  Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:34 am

Maya 2017, Furryball 1.4.3997, GTX 980 Ti, AMD FX 8350, 32 GB 1600 RAM, Windows 10

The benchmark function of the standalone FurryBall software is not working. Also, the standalone rendering is not working. You can see the error messages in the two pictures I included. I don't know if those two things are connected. Just installed the latest graphics driver today, but that did not fix it. The export error says "setting file doesn't exist," but I am clicking on the settings file to load the project to export. However, the rendering inside of Maya works without problems, so I am confused. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments:
furryBall Export Error_02.JPG
furryBall Export Error_02.JPG [ 49.18 KiB | Viewed 5124 times ]
furryBall Export Error.JPG
furryBall Export Error.JPG [ 259.91 KiB | Viewed 5124 times ]
furryBall Export Error_01.JPG
furryBall Export Error_01.JPG [ 97.14 KiB | Viewed 5124 times ]
Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball Export and Benchmark Error  |  Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:24 am

The benchmark is the most important - if it not work, nothing will work.
Try to reinstall FurryBall, or send there text from log (Under Help or Support) in the FurryBall standalone app.

All the Best
Jan

lollarpop
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball Export and Benchmark Error  |  Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:36 pm

I attached the log from the standalone app. Also, I tried reinstalling it and that did not work.

Attachments:
furryballStandAlone_Error.txt [1.94 KiB]
Downloaded 131 times
Fire39
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball Export and Benchmark Error  |  Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi, try open it with administration permission, i have the same problem if i just double click, i have to open as administration then it's all fine.

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball Export and Benchmark Error  |  Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Yes, it's right, you have NO PERMITION to write to your setttings file or even create it: "Settings file doesn't exist"
You has to be admin for the installation at least.

All the Best
Jan

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball Export and Benchmark Error  |  Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:57 pm

Maybe there can be another problem, spaces in file path. Try to save your exported scene into folder without spaces if it helps.

lollarpop
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball Export and Benchmark Error  |  Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:22 am

I tried reinstalling as administrator and opening as administrator and taking spaces out of the folder. None of these fixed the rendering in the standalone app. At least it works in Maya though. In the past the export would not work if the file was on a separate hard drive as the standalone render app. That does not seem to be the issue here. My only other thought, maybe it is because I have a 4TB hard drive that my operating system is on, where FurryBall is installed. I had a problem installing Shave and Haircut once because I had a large hard drive. I do like the export feature, so hopefully I can get it fixed.

lollarpop
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball Export and Benchmark Error  |  Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:37 am

FurrybaBall 1.4.4001

Sorry, this is still bothering me. I don't know if I should start a new post or not. But just focusing on the FurryBall benchmark failing, the Log file for FurryBall standalone says, "Settings file doesn't exist ." I don't know why it would need a settings file, any ideas?

Attachments:
furryball_standalone_log.txt [1.41 KiB]
Downloaded 124 times
Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball Export and Benchmark Error  |  Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:29 pm

Hi, as I wrote in last post, problem is probably caused by spaces in folder. For benchmark, user directory is used, however your username is with space. For standalone rendering, please try to export scene into for example c:/FBexport/ and try render it via standalone.
This is bug and we have to fix it into next release.

lollarpop
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball Export and Benchmark Error  |  Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:43 pm

Thanks, the update fixed it!