View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:41 am

*  Forum rules
Dear users,
we are sorry to inform you, that we had to end development of our FurryBall after almost ten years!
We will give FurryBall for free to all users, but without any Maintenace and Support.
Because we have to keep our servers working, we have set the symbolic price 29,- EUR per year.
Hope you will understand us and keep using FurryBall if it fits you.
Thanks for all those nice years with GPU rendering.
Your FurryBall team

lollarpop
Post  Post subject: Blank and Green Frames during Render  |  Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:40 pm

Maya 2016, 980 Ti, 4 GHz AMD, 32 GB Ram, Latest Furryball

I have had this problem in the past too, where some of the frames are blank in the render. Any ideas why?

Attachments:
Maya Output Window_Furryball Render Problem.txt [27.73 KiB]
Downloaded 262 times
furryball render problem.JPG
furryball render problem.JPG [ 463.99 KiB | Viewed 10440 times ]
lollarpop
Post  Post subject: Re: Blank and Green Frames during Render  |  Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:19 am

I tried to render with the standalone renderer to fix it, but I get an error message you can see in the attached picture.

Attachments:
standalone_renderProblem.JPG
standalone_renderProblem.JPG [ 16.65 KiB | Viewed 10430 times ]
Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Blank and Green Frames during Render  |  Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:20 am

lollarpop wrote:
Maya 2016, 980 Ti, 4 GHz AMD, 32 GB Ram, Latest Furryball

I have had this problem in the past too, where some of the frames are blank in the render. Any ideas why?
Hi, we are working on this bug since yesterday - it seems, that it happens only sometimes with png or jpg output, if final format is 32 bit. Please try to change your output settings to 16 bit float (or 8 bit unorm - for jpg file format only 8 bit) and re-render your sequence.

BTW, didn't you use Windows 10?

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Blank and Green Frames during Render  |  Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:30 am

lollarpop wrote:
I tried to render with the standalone renderer to fix it, but I get an error message you can see in the attached picture.
Please send more info - I don't know, what do you run.
After successfully export from Maya, exported directory must contain two folders (frames and textures) and one file render_options.fbr. In textures folder you can find all exported file textures and in frames folder is folder for each frame of your sequence (also frames needed for motion blur) with all scene data.
Your screen looks like missing render_options.fbr file - so be sure, that export was finished without any error.

lollarpop
Post  Post subject: Re: Blank and Green Frames during Render  |  Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:51 pm

Windows 10, FurryBall RT 1.3.3933, Latest Version of Maya 2016

I used PNG 32 bit. Resolution is 4096 x 2048. It is a 720 frame sequence. Last night I rendered without any render passes. There were no blank frames, but it did crash at frame 220. It could be a combination of things, like render passes and image type.

I'll try PNG 16-bit.

Everything seemed to export correctly to the standalone renderer from Maya. There is a render_options.fbr file, so that is why I am confused when I get the error.

lollarpop
Post  Post subject: Re: Blank and Green Frames during Render  |  Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:17 pm

I did try rendering my scene at 512 x 256 resolution, with PNG 32-bit. But, all the frames started turning red halfway through. So I don't think it is a resolution issue.

Attachments:
lowerResolution_render.JPG
lowerResolution_render.JPG [ 365.49 KiB | Viewed 10416 times ]
Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Blank and Green Frames during Render  |  Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:17 pm

Problem is probably multiplied by Windows 10.
We had never this issue before and now when we upgraded to Windows 10, it SOMETIMES cause this trouble.

Now we know why and it will be repaired in next release.

BTW, do you have Windows 10 longer time? Do you remember WHEN this bug happened you the first time? It became with this FurryBall version, or it was also in some version before?

All the Best
Jan

lollarpop
Post  Post subject: Re: Blank and Green Frames during Render  |  Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:52 am

I rendered my scene with EXR 32-bit and it worked great! Thanks!

I have had Windows 10 for a long time now. I can remember having at least similar problems ever since I started using Furryball. I have had a flickering problem where the lights in the scene would turn on and off. I also had a flickering problem when a cached liquid simulation did not have UV's. I have also had this blank frame problem in earlier versions of Furryball. But I cannot remember if it happened before I switched to Windows 10. It could definitely be Windows 10 causing the problem.

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Blank and Green Frames during Render  |  Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:16 pm

This problem should be fixed in today release.