View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:03 am

*  Forum rules
Dear users,
we are sorry to inform you, that we had to end development of our FurryBall after almost ten years!
We will give FurryBall for free to all users, but without any Maintenace and Support.
Because we have to keep our servers working, we have set the symbolic price 29,- EUR per year.
Hope you will understand us and keep using FurryBall if it fits you.
Thanks for all those nice years with GPU rendering.
Your FurryBall team

hgarrou
Post  Post subject: Re: Crash on open all files with FB since update  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:17 pm

OK. I have a solution. When I open legacy files and resave from the GTX 780 machine, the GTX 980 can read it just fine.

Not sure what is going on, I did reinstall Furry Ball completely, but that didn't fix it either.
Tried new Maya user prefs, menu prefs, window prefs, plug in prefs, etc. Each of them no fix.

Since I have a working workaround, don't waste any more of your time on it. I'll get to the bottom of it and let you know what it was. It's not FurryBall's fault at this point.

knownic
Post  Post subject: Re: Crash on open all files with FB since update  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:13 pm

Sorry late reply..
I think I explained badly...
I installed earlier FB version ending '......13
When I open a new scene I get warning that 'error occured getting enabled cards' but then that goes and I'm asked again if I want to upgrade.
I leave as is and both FB and Maya seem ok...
Here is copy of output window..

I'll wait till I get all clear before upgrading....

Attachment:
FB ahs problems with cards.txt [1006 Bytes]
Downloaded 225 times

regards Nic

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Crash on open all files with FB since update  |  Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:50 am

Hi,
I found, that when you have installed newer version of FurryBall and reinstall it by some previous version (without uninstalling it), then some files aren't replaced (FurryBall.exe, FurryyBallStandalone.exe and maybe some others). This causes problems with cards between versions 3913 and 3928 (it can cause different problems between some of older version and newest).
So if you want to install previous version, please uninstall it first and after that install older version.
Note, be sure, that you install it for same users (if you install first for all users, then also second installation should be for all users). If you want to change all users to current user only (or vice versa), please remove all FurryBall RT keys in registry after uninstall.

hgarrou
Post  Post subject: Re: Crash on open all files with FB since update  |  Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:28 pm

Looks like it's unique to certain files, not all of them. See this example for my question:
Why and when does the white Furryball screen show on file open? Maya crashes when it shows, doesn't crash when it doesn't show.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/547 ... sCrash.mp4

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Crash on open all files with FB since update  |  Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:29 am

hgarrou wrote:
Why and when does the white Furryball screen show on file open?
I think, that it is shown after load, if you save this scene with active FurryBall viewport. However as I wrote, FurryBall logo on white background only flashes and disappears (it doesn't cause any crash) for me.

hgarrou
Post  Post subject: Re: Crash on open all files with FB since update  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:04 pm

Becoming a real problem.

FurryBall reinstalled after uninstalling and removing all traces of FB from Registry. Installed for All Users.
Tried rolling Back the nVidia driver and then forward again, same files same crash, on two separate computers with unique licenses.

Workaround
1. Rename FB plugin to FurryBall.mllHold
2. open file to a failed plugin load.
3. Save As file to new version
4. Rename FB plugin back to .mll.
5. Open new file SUCCESS

What is going on here?

Attachments:
File comment: Crash Log
MayaCrashLog160531.0809.log [27.76 KiB]
Downloaded 233 times
Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Crash on open all files with FB since update  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:29 pm

And does it happen only with newest version of FurryBall or also with some older? It seems, that it happens only if you have scene saved with active FurryBall viewport. However I can't simulate it. Also I don't see anything wrong from your crashlog.
I will try to simulate it again tomorrow.

hgarrou
Post  Post subject: Re: Crash on open all files with FB since update  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:55 pm

GOT IT!

It's when I leave my hypershade open and save the file.
I'm using multilple monitors, so the hypershade is on my Number2 monitor usually.

TOTALLY CONFIRMED
If the Hypershade is left open when I save the file (on any monitor)
and
If FurryBallRT is loaded
Then the file crashes on open 100% of the time.

WORKAROUND
disable furryball plugin (renaming)
Open file
Simply Close hypershade
save file (not even save as)
close, and re-enable FB plugin
Open file without issue.

So........what now?

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Crash on open all files with FB since update  |  Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:04 pm

Hi,
I probably found this bug (however it doesn't have anything with hypershade for me). We are going to release new version with this bugfix and you can try it.

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Crash on open all files with FB since update  |  Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:47 pm

Ok, new version is released, please try it.