View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:29 pm

*  Forum rules
Dear users,
we are sorry to inform you, that we had to end development of our FurryBall after almost ten years!
We will give FurryBall for free to all users, but without any Maintenace and Support.
Because we have to keep our servers working, we have set the symbolic price 29,- EUR per year.
Hope you will understand us and keep using FurryBall if it fits you.
Thanks for all those nice years with GPU rendering.
Your FurryBall team

knownic
Post  Post subject: Issue with camera near clip plane in FB render  |  Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:27 pm

I have been creating the lighting for a scene in a moonlit forest and coming up an odd issue with near camera clipping which goes from where it is set in viewport 2 to much further away in FB default render setting... so when I track a camera near one of my characters it half disappears as in near clip effect.

In trying to isolate what is causing this I have come to a simple way to demonstrate the effect.

Create a sphere keep scale at 1, fill frame with a default perspective camera. Mine is set at 35mm focal length, near clip .001, far 10000.
Create a plane and put scale at 600 in each dimension.
Create a FB area light and 3/4 front light cube, I put brightness at 10 and create a render window.
The close clip works as expected with FB render .. but when the scale of the plane is increased to 700 the sphere disappears until the camera is tracked away.

I also tried this with a number of cylinders to stand in for trees and can see there's a trade off for number/size of them and the size of the plane.

I can send you scene if you need.
I have attached Output window info.

Hope you can help...
Thanks. Nic

Attachments:
near clip issue output window.txt [1006 Bytes]
Downloaded 353 times
Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Issue with camera near clip plane in FB render  |  Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:17 am

Hi,
just disable Auto Render Clip Plane attribute in camera settings (under near/far attributes).

cgpower2008
Post  Post subject: Re: Issue with camera near clip plane in FB render  |  Posted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:01 am

Jan_Smejkal wrote:
Hi,
just disable Auto Render Clip Plane attribute in camera settings (under near/far attributes).

can you fix it next version? :lol: three is alot file to check

and i think fb dosenot used in pipline so that they dont think about the renference who programmed fb