View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:59 am

*  Forum rules
Dear users,
we are sorry to inform you, that we had to end development of our FurryBall after almost ten years!
We will give FurryBall for free to all users, but without any Maintenace and Support.
Because we have to keep our servers working, we have set the symbolic price 29,- EUR per year.
Hope you will understand us and keep using FurryBall if it fits you.
Thanks for all those nice years with GPU rendering.
Your FurryBall team

kingjulien
Post  Post subject: Urgent help. Render setting menu gone.  |  Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:55 pm

# Error: file: D:\Program Files\FurryBall RT\plugins\maya\scripts\furryBallRegisterRenderer.mel line 1398: RuntimeError: file c:\projects\furryball\FurryBallMaya/scripts/furryBallSettings.py line 182: Error occurred during execution of MEL script
file: D:\Program Files\FurryBall RT\plugins\maya\scripts\AEfurryBallGlobalSettingsTemplate.mel line 166: Object 'fbgtrenderRegionCheckBox' not found. #

I get this error message when I open up render setting menu. and the menu is empty.
I imported a Model from an old scene file which uses furryball.

In my current scene im using Vray. Everytime i tried unloading Furryball, it crashes my Maya.

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Urgent help. Render setting menu gone.  |  Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:46 pm

So and is this error ONLY in the scene when you import from older FurryBall, or is it also in the fresh scene after Maya restart?

All the Best
Jan

kingjulien
Post  Post subject: Re: Urgent help. Render setting menu gone.  |  Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:09 pm

Furryball 4, import to a scene where im using Vray

kingjulien
Post  Post subject: Re: Urgent help. Render setting menu gone.  |  Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:26 pm

the only way to fix this is to unload Vray, but i cant because if i unload Vray, all my shaders, lighting are gone.. And my maya keeps crashing if i unload furryball

Snapshot of Script editor when i open my scene file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqwasaq7hay6p ... r.JPG?dl=0

When i try to unlock furryball 2015, i get this message
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8zxhq3n2di5i ... 2.JPG?dl=0

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Urgent help. Render setting menu gone.  |  Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:02 pm

Did you tried uncheck autoload to prevent loading FurryBall from older scene?

All the Best
Jan

kingjulien
Post  Post subject: Re: Urgent help. Render setting menu gone.  |  Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:05 am

yup, tried untick auload load. Doesn't help :(

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Urgent help. Render setting menu gone.  |  Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:10 am

Hi,
you wrote about FurryBall 4, however you have problem with FurryBall RT. So try to open Maya - go to plugin manager, uncheck autoload for FurryBall RT plugin, restart Maya (now without FurryBall), go to plugin manager, try to load FurryBall 4. If all will be fine with empty scene, try to load your old scene with vray.

kingjulien
Post  Post subject: Re: Urgent help. Render setting menu gone.  |  Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:36 am

i imported an old scene which uses Furryball 4 into my VRay scene.

Currently i have uninstalled furryball 4 since i have RT.

In my current working scene, I'm not using Furryball RT. But the Furryball nodes from the imported scene is not allowing me to unload Furryball RT from plugin manager. (crashed my maya everytime i do that )

Is there a way to clean all furryball nodes/ global settings from my scene?

---Update---1
I tried deleting the imported model (which uses furryball 4 last time) from the scene, Optimize Scene size and i can open the render setting again.
But for now, I have no idea which part causes the error and how to fix it without having to remove the model.

---Update---2
Tried removing all the texture node of the imported models, doesnt help. Only deleting the model from outliner>Optimize Scene size works. So i suspect it's the furryball nodes that linked to the model

---Update---3
Tried removing these 2 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/wazmtx1g0v4bj ... 3.JPG?dl=0) from outliner using;

import maya.cmds as cmd
node = cmd.ls(sl=1)[0]
cmd.lockNode(node, lock=0)
cmd.delete(node)

but it keeps appearing back, with this in script editor
# Warning: Global Node furryBallGlobal already processed! There must be a cycle (via furryBallGlobal) #

---Update---4
Problem solved. I uninstalled Furryball RT and everything back to normal. I guess I'll have to wait until this project is done before i can reinstall back.

Last edited by kingjulien on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Urgent help. Render setting menu gone.  |  Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:12 am

It seems that you have incorrectly installed FurryBall. Does FurryBall work in other scene?
You can try to reinstall FurryBall if it helps.

Also if you want to delete FurryBall nodes, you can try to temporary rename FurryBall folder (or uninstall FurryBall). After that when Maya loads, FurryBall plugin will not be loaded. Now you can try to optimize scene size (see my post here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4740&p=10407#p10407).

kingjulien
Post  Post subject: Re: Urgent help. Render setting menu gone.  |  Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:14 am

Thanks a lot for the help Jan Smejkal. Appreciate it!