View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:18 am

*  Forum rules
Dear users,
we are sorry to inform you, that we had to end development of our FurryBall after almost ten years!
We will give FurryBall for free to all users, but without any Maintenace and Support.
Because we have to keep our servers working, we have set the symbolic price 29,- EUR per year.
Hope you will understand us and keep using FurryBall if it fits you.
Thanks for all those nice years with GPU rendering.
Your FurryBall team

Lawnz
Post  Post subject: Furryball plugin load crash (maya 2017 and 2018)  |  Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:19 pm

I posted this issue at the end of another post, but I am not getting any responses so I am hoping this new topic will get a response.

I re-installed all the Microsoft Visual Redistributable versions and still...crash every time

So I tried rolling back from 2018.2 to 2018.1, updating all the different Microsoft Visual Redistributable versions, ad either maya crashes, or I get this error when trying to load plugin

# Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 290: ImportError: file <maya console> line 1: No module named furryBallCreateMenu #
# Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 290: ImportError: file <maya console> line 1: No module named furryBallCreateMenu #
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 290: initializePlugin function failed (FurryBall_2018) //

This seemed to start after a big windows update that happened several months ago. This crash occurs with maya 2017 and 2018...

Is there a solution for this yet?

Lawnz
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball plugin load crash (maya 2017 and 2018)  |  Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 pm

After many re-installs of furryball, and visual studio, I finally got it working. not sure what the solution here is...but at least it works now

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball plugin load crash (maya 2017 and 2018)  |  Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:45 am

Great - we are glad that it is working.

All the Best
Jan

staskoen
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball plugin load crash (maya 2017 and 2018)  |  Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:36 am

i have the some problem, reinstall couple of time , install python and visual studio again and its crush, what can be problem?