View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:50 am

hapc
Post  Post subject: After Effects Render Plugin Please  |  Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:20 am

Hi, I'm fairly new to 3D, I'm about to learn Cinema actually.

Anyway, I have more experience with After Effects and renders there can be tedious, if you could consider making a Plugin for the future, it would be great.

Octane Render 3 will release a plugin for After effects, so you could do the same and offer another option for us who work there, thanks!

ymangolds
Post  Post subject: Re: After Effects Render Plugin Please  |  Posted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:10 pm

hapc wrote:
I have more experience with After Effects and renders there can be tedious

If you think rendering in AE is tedious, learning to deal with complex renders in real 3D software is going to be quite the experience.
hapc wrote:
Octane Render 3 will release a plugin for After effects, so you could do the same and offer another option for us who work there, thanks!

If FB expands to provide alternate rendering engines for post production/compositing software, would probably be best to start with node-based compositors like Nuke and Fusion which are much more suited for 'post-3d' compositing before AfterEffects. While there's nothing wrong with AE, working in true 3d (not 2.5d) is somewhat lacking (and very difficult controlling very complex 3d scenes) compared to the highend node based compositors (AE is best used for motion graphics which is much easier to do in AE then Nuke or Fusion).