View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:57 pm

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: about features and Game engine!  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:35 am

This is not nightmare - you will just duplicate your old render setting node and just change here rays from 1000 to 30 for example.
Now you have 2 settings and you can render 1/2 passes by the first settings and 2/2 passes by the second.
You have here totally freedom. You can also apply different post production effects on different render settings if you want.

All the Best
Jan

ymangolds
Post  Post subject: Re: about features and Game engine!  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:50 pm

I meant it'd be a nightmare for compositors to try to composite the differently filtered passes in post production. For example, imagine trying to accurately composite an image where the direct diffuse pass was filtered using a Gaussian filter and the indirect diffuse pass was filtered using a box filter.

Edit: I just realized that even if filter types could be changed per pass (or separate settings nodes and render layers are used), running into a situation like this is less likely with FB since it only has 3 (Uniform, Gaussian, and Lanczos) types of filters available to it (Arnold has 17 different types of filters).

Edit2: Also note that I did not just request more filter types be added. This goes back to the needs of TV/Speed vs Film/Accuracy comparison. FB's current filters work fine, and it'd be extremely rare if someone using FB (who's most likely using because they're in the 'Speed' realm of 3D) would need additional filter types. The 17 different types Arnold provides are mainly for high budget productions that have a heavy amount of compositing CGI with other elements like Live-Action and "every pixel must be perfect (even if it costs a ton of money and time to do so and the difference in the results is only noticeable by the compositor who was analyzing every pixel)." So the work required to add new filters would be much better spent elsewhere.

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: about features and Game engine!  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:29 am

I see - it was misunderstanding. I meant you want to tweak passes quality, etc.
Ok you need just another image filters like Gausian etc. So please write it to this "list of requested features".

All the Best
Jan