View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:21 am

mistAjuliax
Post  Post subject: Blender plugin ?  |  Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:08 am

Hi, Furry team,
I wonder if is there a plan for a blender plugin in near future ??
Thx, best regards.

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Blender plugin ?  |  Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:17 pm

No - it's not on our list at the moment. We are working on Cinema 4D plugin right now.

All the Best
Jan

mistAjuliax
Post  Post subject: Re: Blender plugin ?  |  Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:31 pm

Ok, thanks for the reply.

mistAjuliax
Post  Post subject: Re: Blender plugin ?  |  Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi, furry team

I'm back again to ask if blender plugin is planned in near or far future ?? I saw that my first post was seen 404 times !! so i think i'm not the only one interesting by a blender plugin .

At the moment i use both octane render and furry ball, but i'm not as skill with maya as 3ds max, so i use octane render more but it is very limited for VFX and there is lacks of features. I'm very interesting by hair and fur, and particle and fluid support offer by furryball in maya and i hope a full support in 3ds max of pflow, fluid effect, thinking particle etc ... So i'm waiting for 5.0 release with so full of hope !!! :D

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Blender plugin ?  |  Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:20 pm

Is there any market for paid plugin for FREE application?
I'm almost sure, that Blender users are expecting all for free. :(

All the Best
Jan

mistAjuliax
Post  Post subject: Re: Blender plugin ?  |  Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:03 pm

Hi, i don't think so that all blender users are expecting all plugins or renders for free. There are many blender octane users. Octane plugin is not free and need a standalone licence to work. personnally i use octane for 3ds max, blender, and furryball.
There is a market to sell blender plugin : http://cgcookiemarkets.com/blender/ :) So i really hope a blender plugin unless is to hard to develop, i know blender is particular and in a constant development. May be an exporter to standalone is possible ?
May be you could submit a new vote for a next plugin to develop in future ...
Regards.

Qwesto
Post  Post subject: Re: Blender plugin ?  |  Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:46 pm

Hello Furryball team :)

I'm a 3d artist/Compositor/Editor in character animation/ads and I use multiple softwares, like Maya, Softimage, Max, etc. but I also have used and observed Blender's dev. since a decade now.

AD's behaviour makes a lot if people running to Houdini, Modo, Cinema 4d and, not a big surprise, to Blender! Not only for financial reasons, but for being really highend in animation, sculpting, modeling, gpu rendering with Cycles and the really mighty compositor within Blender, which I'm about to use on my reel production, starting next week.

It sounds weird, but my pipeline will be animated storyboarding and modeling in Blender/Softimage ICE-Animation, rigging and the free version of furryball render in Maya-Final compositing and post fx(if needed :D) in...yes, Blender. I researched the contact history between Furryball and Blender users and I'm really unhappy about it.

Even if I'm seriously busy checking dev. daily, I didn't know anything about Furryball before two days!!! One reason is my industrial related Maya focus (most animation work) if I didn't search very specific in direction viewport 2.0, gpu rendering and renderman's upcoming free version in conjunction with Maya, I still wouldn't have clue about Furryball!!!

1. Post the 4.8 (5.0) version again, widespread in forums, it's not fallin into user's hands right now, very search specific

2. New posts in the 3 most important Blender forums! The current posts are SO OLD! There are a lot paid 3rd party plug ins and they get bought :)

3. Even if Softimage is discontinued, there will be many using it, til it breaks! I guess 5 years for SI til dead is realistic, Modo/Houdini/Maya/Blender will be our new/old home.

Don't underestimate Blender! Many people who weren't interested are looking now very closely to their UI redesign, the end of 1 million shortcuts, better bugtracking/fixes/implementation than under autodesk subscription :D and other things, which kept me and others away from using it ;)

Don't wait for the users interest!

Last edited by Qwesto on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Blender plugin ?  |  Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:43 pm

Thanks for your post, but let me help to understand, WHY Blender users would use and buy FurryBall for Blender, if they have Cycles for free?

All the Best
Jan

Qwesto
Post  Post subject: Re: Blender plugin ?  |  Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:48 pm

...hours of research later... :D

Okay. I've seen all the flaming (omg) in the threads, comparisons to redshift, did a complete web crawl about nearly any gpu renderer and all their differences, checked Blenders Cycles/Blender Internal, til my eyes started to bleed! Looking at the poll, Cinema already got a pluggy, Softimage guys will def. stick to same priced and project proven redshift, Modo has katana and Volcano, a blender based studio, has already done a test, using the best of all blender render worlds:

http://www.blendernation.com/2014/03/18 ... hnologies/

Would be cool, if you could contact the volcanos to let them do the Blender test of your scene with cycles + internal + open gl, to compare the results 8-)

For my reel purposes Furryball is the optimum, cause I create most (if not all in the end)of the animation in Maya and might even don't HAVE to do final compositing in Afx, Ps, etc, which I know very well, but one goal is, as least post as possible! Not just to save time while maintaining high quality, but also celebrating the end of blindness while working in the viewport in 3d for all times! Also, there's no free version of redshift to gain experience, while using it for non-comercial work. Before the mentioned method in the link above, Blender users are still forced to use bake/composit/workarounds, til the volcano guys release their workflow or addon, etc. But I need to use the compositor + cycles or the new combined method (no baking or compositing needed) in another project which I have to do aside, so I'll see the comparison and experiences between Furryball and Cycles/Bi, with my new i7 build including a MSI gtx 970 which arrives next week, hehe.

The breakpoint for gpu rendering at current state, is clearly the combination of rasterization and raytracing (and maybe even open gl) without unwanted compositing/post or using extra materials for each and every render method. I'd like Furryball to be able to combine rays and raster, as well as one or the other, but still in one package.

So it seems like you guys might not consider to expand to each and every program and rather work on stability, speed up and convenience, since there's lot going on around gpu rendering. Another problem for Blender might be the Nvidia only-OptiX/Cuda factor. Maya and Max being the most used, plus Cinema growing very fast, you're good ;)

Sorry for this 'allround' talk within the Blender thread, but I hope it brings light into the darkness, for anyone who's searching answers.

See you in the Maya sections VERY SOON :)

p.s.: As for your question, totally forgot: Blender being for free + paid gpu renderer + support is a no brainer, but it might even be Maya + Furryball in the future for me, depends on individual development of both programs.

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Blender plugin ?  |  Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:29 pm

Sorry Questo, I totally lost your point and aiming... :(

Please try to answer me simple:
1) WHY Blender users would use and buy FurryBall for Blender, if they have Cycles for free? - You meant, that Cycles is Raytrace ONLY and FurryBall is rasterize too?
2) Are Blender users used to pay for plugins...? I doubt.

All the Best
Jan