View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:05 am

*  Forum rules
How to submit your problem
Be sure that you use the latest graphics card drivers before you post your problem.
Be sure that all benchmarks proceeded without errors.
Please follow these steps for submitting your problems to FurryBall forum - it will help faster solve your problem.
1) Send System Info from Error Reporting from FurryBall standalone application (under menu Help->Error reporting)
2) If benchmark failed, send your Log from FurryBall standalone application (under menu Help->Logs)
3) Describe deeply your problem. If your FurryBall STOPPED rendering, describe what was changed in your computer (new hardware, new software installation)
4) You can also send simple example (picture or scene)
Also be sure that you readed FAQ

Mikeymore
Post  Post subject: Some questions Furryball 4.8 network rendering  |  Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:40 pm

Hi, last week I purchased Furryball RT and 4.8 and installed it on Maya 2015 and Maya 2016.
So far so good, on my workstation its all working.

Now I have antoher render workstation for network rendering. I installed on this client Furryball 4.8 as client.

Now in Maya 2015 I cannot connect to the started server on the other workstation. On this pc I started the Furryball server and this PC is also connected to the server.

The render pc gives me an error when choose network render in Maya - "Connection aborted".
Is that due of firewall restrictions? As far as I can see I opened the right ports to my workstation Furryball server....

Another question is: I als use Maya 2016, so the network render for FB 4.8 is not available.
How can I network render under Maya 2016? Furryball RT isn't supported network rendering....

Thnaks in advance.

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Some questions Furryball 4.8 network rendering  |  Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:09 pm

Network rendeing is old feature supported just in 4.8 and no more in RT.
In fact it's remote rendering. More info you will find in our FAQ.

But 4.8 is no more supported and sold - it's for free just for Max users. With Maya it's meant to use RT.

http://furryball.aaa-studio.eu/support/faq.html

All the Best
Jan

Mikeymore
Post  Post subject: Re: Some questions Furryball 4.8 network rendering  |  Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:40 pm

Thanks Jan for the quick reply!

If I understand right I need 1 more license of Furryball RT for my network render PC and the I can render with FB-RT with backburner jobs from my main workstation?

And do I have Maya also installed on the network render PC?

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Some questions Furryball 4.8 network rendering  |  Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:16 am

Hi,
FurryBall 4.8: Network rendering is only remote rendering - you must have installed FurryBall with valid license on server side (and on this computer you must start FurryBall server from FurryBall.exe application). On client side (where you have Maya) you can have installed FurryBall as client only and you can connect via FurryBall menu.

FurryBall RT: There doesn't exist network rendering as in FurryBall 4.8. So if you want to render into files on another computer, you must have a valid FurryBall license on another computer. If you use batch rendering (using backburner), than yes, you must have also Maya installed on another computer.
Another option is rendering via FurryBall standalone. However this feature is only in beta version in newest FurryBall release and it can be changed without backward compatibility in future releases.
To render via standalone, you must export FurryBall scene (under output settings in Common render settings for FurryBall renderer).
Attachment:
export.png
export.png [ 51.1 KiB | Viewed 6610 times ]

Rendering of exported scene must be actually run only from windows command line (you can also do it in backburner). It isn't documented yet, but for basic rendering is simple:
Code:
c:\Program Files\FurryBall\bin\FurryBallStandalone.exe "FOLDER WITH EXPORTED SCENE"

Where FOLDER WITH EXPORTED SCENE must contain render_options.fbr file (created while you export scene).

Mikeymore
Post  Post subject: Re: Some questions Furryball 4.8 network rendering  |  Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:34 am

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the answers, that makes sence to me....

I think I buy another RT license as well.

Is it faster to render with 2x RT then on Furryball 4.8?

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Some questions Furryball 4.8 network rendering  |  Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:54 am

Mikeymore wrote:
Is it faster to render with 2x RT then on Furryball 4.8?

Network rendering in 4.8 was JUST remote rendering. With single rendering license you was able to render ONLY ON ONE computer at same time.

So it's the same with FurryBall 4.8 as well as RT. When you have 2 render licenses for 2 computer, you can render 2x faster of course, but you have to split your sequence yourself or with any manager.
More here how build renderfarm:
http://furryball.aaa-studio.eu/support/ ... Renderfarm

All the Best
Jan