View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:12 pm

*  Forum rules
How to submit your problem
Be sure that you use the latest graphics card drivers before you post your problem.
Be sure that all benchmarks proceeded without errors.
Please follow these steps for submitting your problems to FurryBall forum - it will help faster solve your problem.
1) Send System Info from Error Reporting from FurryBall standalone application (under menu Help->Error reporting)
2) If benchmark failed, send your Log from FurryBall standalone application (under menu Help->Logs)
3) Describe deeply your problem. If your FurryBall STOPPED rendering, describe what was changed in your computer (new hardware, new software installation)
4) You can also send simple example (picture or scene)
Also be sure that you readed FAQ

Mateiaru
Post  Post subject: Graphics Card (supports DX11) not showing in Rasterization  |  Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:23 pm

I already specified my problem in the title. My graphics card supports dx11, so it should work.

PC Specs:

Laptop - Dell Inspiron 3537
CPU: Intel Core i5-4200U, Dual Core
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8600M Series, 2GB Dedicated Memory, DirectX 11.1
RAM: 4GB DDR3

I thought it may be a problem with the Catalyst Control Center, but both FurryBall and FurryBallStandalone are "High Power" (this means the GPU should be used instead of the Intel HD Graphics).

To make it even more clear, here's a screenshot:
Attachment:
screenshot.png
screenshot.png [ 2.98 KiB | Viewed 17795 times ]

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Graphics Card (supports DX11) not showing in Rasterizati  |  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:09 am

Hi, it seems that you have disabled dedicated graphics card (AMD) and allowed only integrated (Intel). Another problem can be graphics card drivers (try to download latest AMD drivers).

Mateiaru
Post  Post subject: Re: Graphics Card (supports DX11) not showing in Rasterizati  |  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:21 pm

It's not disabled, but since I have a laptop the AMD card isn't on all the time, it starts when a game or application which is set as "High Performance" starts. I've set the FurryBall program to "High Performance", but I think the AMD starts working only when it detects that the app / game is using DirectX to display stuff (which FurryBall isn't doing, it's a normal window. Just like DXDIAG (which is set to "High Performance") it uses Intel HD Graphics because it doesn't render on the screen with DX). I tried uninstalling the Intel HD Graphics device + driver but after the reboot it's back again. I also tried disabling it but it makes stuff even worse.

Any tips? I really want to see how FurryBall works with my graphics card. Also I made a benchmark but obviously it used Intel HD Graphics and it took ~70 seconds.

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Graphics Card (supports DX11) not showing in Rasterizati  |  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:29 pm

Try to add FurryBallStandalone.exe (for benchmark and standalone rendering) and Maya.exe (or Cinema or 3DS Max) as "High Performance" programs. Or try to select Microsoft Basic Render Driver (0MB) as your card (it could be disabled ATI card). Or try to find how to change this behavior in intel display driver or ati catalyst control panel.

Mateiaru
Post  Post subject: Re: Graphics Card (supports DX11) not showing in Rasterizati  |  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:28 pm

I already as "High Performance" FurryBall, FurryBallStandalone and Cinema4D. I''m trying now the Microsoft Basic Render Driver, I'll edit the post with the results.

-- Edit: --
Selecting the "Microsoft Basic Render Driver" and then benchmarking makes FurryBallStandalone.exe crash. Any tips?

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Graphics Card (supports DX11) not showing in Rasterizati  |  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi,
Look on benchmarks results of your ATI card..,
http://www.aaa-studio.cz/furrybench/benchResults4.php
It's about 10x slower than usual today cards...

Even if you make it working, it's not for serious work and it will be much slower than your CPU. - sorry ;-(

If you mean it with GPU rendering for serious work, you will need fast NVIDIA.

All the Best
Jan

Mateiaru
Post  Post subject: Re: Graphics Card (supports DX11) not showing in Rasterizati  |  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:01 pm

Ummm... Tell me where you found my GPU, cause I didn't. And all games run smooth (60 FPS) with no lag (StarCraft 2, League of Legends, Company of Heroes, Age of Empires III, Assassin's Creed I, II, III, Brother Hood and Revelations, but not Minecraft -_- which always uses Intel HD Graphics and I couldn't make it use my dGPU for some random reason).

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Graphics Card (supports DX11) not showing in Rasterizati  |  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:52 pm

??? You wrote your specifications few articles earlier... :

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8600M Series, 2GB Dedicated Memory, DirectX 11.1

But believe me - games are NOT gpu rendering, so you can't compare how fast is your games...
Just look on benchmark page.

All the Best
Jan

Mateiaru
Post  Post subject: Re: Graphics Card (supports DX11) not showing in Rasterizati  |  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:20 pm

I only said that I can't find my AMD Radeon HD 8600M Series 2GB. The only AMD Radeon HD 2GB I found is 8760M, which is not my graphics card. BTW I also posted this problem on the AMD support forums.