View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:28 am

*  Forum rules
How to submit your problem
Be sure that you use the latest graphics card drivers before you post your problem.
Be sure that all benchmarks proceeded without errors.
Please follow these steps for submitting your problems to FurryBall forum - it will help faster solve your problem.
1) Send System Info from Error Reporting from FurryBall standalone application (under menu Help->Error reporting)
2) If benchmark failed, send your Log from FurryBall standalone application (under menu Help->Logs)
3) Describe deeply your problem. If your FurryBall STOPPED rendering, describe what was changed in your computer (new hardware, new software installation)
4) You can also send simple example (picture or scene)
Also be sure that you readed FAQ

Pjot
Post  Post subject: Mixing Quadro and GTX - how? (drivers......)  |  Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi there,

i' d like to expand my WIN7 QUADRO K4000 System with an GTX 780. QUADRO mainly for Viewport (Maya), GTX for additional FURRYBALL rendering. In the Benchmarks there are obviously some working QUADRO/GTX-combinations.

Anybody out there with a working setup like this, and if yes - how did you solve the conflicting driver issue between QUADRO and GTX without loosing the QUADRO-Performance? Any Tips from FURRYBALL?

Any input much appreciated, thanks a lot in advance!
Best,
Peter

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Mixing Quadro and GTX - how? (drivers......)  |  Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:50 pm

Hi it's simple.
If cards have the SAME CUDA capability, they can render together. If not, you can select which gpu will be used for FurryBall.
Please also read FAQ on our Web, about combining low and high GPUs.

All the Best
Jan

Pjot
Post  Post subject: Re: Mixing Quadro and GTX - how? (drivers......)  |  Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:11 pm

Hi Jan,

thanks a lot for the reply!

I think i understand how Furryball distributes the rendering in a mixed gpu setup - my question was if somebody knows how to get a QUADRO-GTX-combi to work reliably at all.

Just dump in the 2nd Card, and use the QUADRO-Driver for both Cards? Special Driver needed?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Peter

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Mixing Quadro and GTX - how? (drivers......)  |  Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:30 am

I suppose you just install 2 drivers - one for Quadro and different one for Geforce.
I believe you will find many discussions about it on Internet.
But if you look in our benchmark, there is many combination like this. So it's works for sure.

All the Best
Jan

Pjot
Post  Post subject: Re: Mixing Quadro and GTX - how? (drivers......)  |  Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:37 am

Thanks, Jan.

the internet is not so sure about that topic and Nvidia obviously doesn't support mixing Quadro/GTX for obvious marketing reasons.

Anybody in the forum running a mixed gpu setup?

Best
Peter

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Mixing Quadro and GTX - how? (drivers......)  |  Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:08 am

I wrote you, look on our bechmarks - there is SO many computer with mixed QUADRO and GEFORCE. So it works for sure.
http://furryball.aaa-studio.eu/aboutFur ... marks.html

All the Best
Jan