View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:26 am

*  Forum rules
How to submit your problem
Be sure that you use the latest graphics card drivers before you post your problem.
Be sure that all benchmarks proceeded without errors.
Please follow these steps for submitting your problems to FurryBall forum - it will help faster solve your problem.
1) Send System Info from Error Reporting from FurryBall standalone application (under menu Help->Error reporting)
2) If benchmark failed, send your Log from FurryBall standalone application (under menu Help->Logs)
3) Describe deeply your problem. If your FurryBall STOPPED rendering, describe what was changed in your computer (new hardware, new software installation)
4) You can also send simple example (picture or scene)
Also be sure that you readed FAQ

marcelodantas
Post  Post subject: Nothing happens when I click on "Activate over Internet"  |  Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:12 pm

Hi there,

I have just downloaded and installed FurryBall 4.8.3609.
My OS is Windows 8.1, do I am right clicking on it and selecting "Run as Administrator". Firewall is disabled.
When I click on the "Activate over Internet" button, I see there's a packet transfer between the application as AAA-Studio website, which gets an answer.
However, the license stays "Not activated". No matter how many times I click on it, it has no effect.
I close and reopen the application, no effect. Restart the computer, no effect.
From the perspective of the end user the button is not functional.
From the perspective of the network there's "movement" when I press the button.
The application approaches http://www.aaa-studio.cz/furrylicense/trial.php and passes the following in a POST form:
fbhwid=tdoyc3Y1TSa3UD17fXyBfYKBBgCF0gUMYUtjbHnaJhwnJjM0KzInMC82M4CxxcWFxwbIicmL43V1G42E9g==&
fbVersion=4.8.3609&

Immediatelly gets back a "200 OK" containing which I believe is the Trial license:
ebbe8c8b07af5ad6c413fa0d331ff4420c460c85afc0f8b1514b3a15a7753fe363913ce79c66c0cc593d20a9efe22bad12840a290e8534fc5e5a9be85ef4567d56860e18a400c5b253656665b989662fbc8572
However the license status doesn't change.

Thanks,
Marcelo.

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Nothing happens when I click on "Activate over Internet"  |  Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:16 pm

You can try to put it directly into registry (FurryBall\v4\Token key - string type).

marcelodantas
Post  Post subject: Re: Nothing happens when I click on "Activate over Internet"  |  Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:46 pm

Hi Jan,

I have tried creating an entry of the type string called "Token" under HKCU/Software/Furryball/v4.
Created the entry there of type "String Value" and pasted the returned value on it, but it didn't work.
Not sure if I did it correctly. There were already a couple other entries there, one called "PluginPath" and one called "RunSetup".
Maybe that was not the correct place?

Thanks,
Marcelo.

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Nothing happens when I click on "Activate over Internet"  |  Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:36 am

Hi,
it is the correct place. Be sure, that PluginPath entry refer to correct FurryBall install directory (C:/Program Files/FurryBall4/) and be sure that you have read access to Windows registry from FurryBall. Also be sure, that this access is not blocked by some antivirus, antimalware or firewall programs.

marcelodantas
Post  Post subject: Re: Nothing happens when I click on "Activate over Internet"  |  Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:59 pm

Hi Jan,

I have double checked and everything seems to be ok.
Internet access is enables, there is no antivirus on the machine and Windows Firewall is disabled.
I have attached a screenshot of RegEdit.

Thanks,
Marcelo.

Attachments:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 8.63 KiB | Viewed 15272 times ]
Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Nothing happens when I click on "Activate over Internet"  |  Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:14 am

Hi,
it is hard to say where is problem.
Please try to uninstall FurryBall, delete all FurryBall folders (C:/Program Files/FurryBall4, FurryBall cache - C:/Users/[username]/AppData/Local/FurryBall4) and also try to delete all from windows registry (if this folders exists):

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FurryBall\
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FurryBall\
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\FurryBall\

After that set valid system time, restart computer and try to install FurryBall again.

marcelodantas
Post  Post subject: Re: Nothing happens when I click on "Activate over Internet"  |  Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi Jan,

I have followed the steps. Removed everything, made sure the computer's time is synchronized with pool.ntp.org.
Rebooted, installed then rebooted again.
The program opens as soon as the computer reboots.
Clicked on the "Activate over Internet" and nothing happens. No effect.
Closed the program, let the computer finish booting, ran the program again.
Clicked on the "Activate over Internet" and nothing happens. Still no effect.
Here's the stream I got from the packet capture:

Request:
POST /furrylicence/trial.php HTTP/1.1
Host: http://www.aaa-studio.cz
User-Agent: FurryLicenser
Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Content-Length: 111
Accept: text/plain
Connection: close

fbhwid=tdoyc3Y1TSa3UD17fXyBfYKBBgCF0gUMYUtjbHnaJhwnJjM0KzInMC82M4CxxcWFxwbIicmL43V1G42E9g==&fbVersion=4.8.3609&

Response:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx/1.2.1
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 14:22:18 GMT
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 166
Connection: close
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.29-pl0-gentoo

ebbe8c8b07af5ad6c413fa0d331ff4420c460c85afc0f8b1514b3a15a7753fe363913ce79c66c0cc593d20a9efe22bad12840a290e8534fc5e5a9be85ef4567d56860e18a400c5b253656665b989662fbc8572

So the program is definitely communicating with the activation site. I wonder what would prevent the response from reaching the program.
Is it supposed to be compatible with Windows 8.1?
Do you know if other people has been through the same issue?

At this point I don't know what to do.
Is there a way for me to get this license in a "license.dat" file instead? Even if it expires after 30 days?
I want to at least be able to test the program and see if I can import ".OBJ" files into it. So I can decide which renderer to use on my new setup.

Thanks,
Marcelo.

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Nothing happens when I click on "Activate over Internet"  |  Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:23 pm

OBJ can be imported to Maya without problem, so you can of course render it in FurryBall to, like EVERY polygons.

license.dat is for paid license only, but this license doesn't require internet connection, so it will work for 100% sure without internet, if you purchase the license. You can try month license.

All the Best
Jan

Dan_Simek
Post  Post subject: Re: Nothing happens when I click on "Activate over Internet"  |  Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:09 pm

Hi,
we have just tried the installation on Win 8.1 and everything seems to be ok. You are absolutely first with this strange issue. Did you try FurryBall RT? Is there the same problem with the activation? Did you try to load plugin in Maya after you had put the Token into the registry? What was in the output window?

marcelodantas
Post  Post subject: Re: Nothing happens when I click on "Activate over Internet"  |  Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:43 pm

Hi Dan,

I have just tried the Furryball RT and I got the same result.
Installed the program, and when I get to "Activate Online" I click on the button and nothing happens.
At this point I have just uninstalled the applications and gave up.
If you guys come up with different ideas for me to try, and maybe help other which may run into the same issue in the future, please feel free to let me know and I will give it a try.
After all it would require a different application to import .OBJ, so I will start looking for a different solution which can import .OBJ directly.

Thanks a lot for the effort,
Marcelo.