View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:31 am

*  Forum rules
How to submit your problem
Be sure that you use the latest graphics card drivers before you post your problem.
Be sure that all benchmarks proceeded without errors.
Please follow these steps for submitting your problems to FurryBall forum - it will help faster solve your problem.
1) Send System Info from Error Reporting from FurryBall standalone application (under menu Help->Error reporting)
2) If benchmark failed, send your Log from FurryBall standalone application (under menu Help->Logs)
3) Describe deeply your problem. If your FurryBall STOPPED rendering, describe what was changed in your computer (new hardware, new software installation)
4) You can also send simple example (picture or scene)
Also be sure that you readed FAQ

siris
Post  Post subject: Installation issue The system cannot find specified path  |  Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:57 am

Hello, I've just grabbed the free demo version, but unfortunately I can't get it to install. I've tried changing the paths but everything i set it to still gives me the same error.

What have i done wrong?

Attachments:
134.png
134.png [ 352.19 KiB | Viewed 13666 times ]
Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Installation issue The system cannot find specified path  |  Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:38 pm

Did you uninstall old version and when you install 4.7 did you SET SYSTEM PATHS?

All the Best
Jan

johan_laurent
Post  Post subject: Re: Installation issue The system cannot find specified path  |  Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:30 pm

Hi Jan I also have the same problem " Cant find path" I dont know if i did uninstall old versions or not (by going to the unistall.exe). It seems like have deleted the furryball files by dragging them to the bin. I have tried to search for all furryball files on my computer and deleting them manually. still get the same message "Cant find path"

i tried to find the furryball.MLL file after install, however cant find this file either.

When I ran the benchmark the first part did work however the second and third part (which i belive have to do with raytracing) didnt. Dont know if this has anything to do with it either :)

Could you plz tell me what to do know to get it to work ?

(What im trying to say is if I havnt uninstalled the old version by using the uninstall, but the files are gone - so I dont have any uninstall for fb 2 or 3 what can i do t oget it to work)

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Installation issue The system cannot find specified path  |  Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:44 pm

Hi,
I'm not sure I understand you - just reinstall FurryBall. Did you do it?

All the Best
Jan

johan_laurent
Post  Post subject: Re: Installation issue The system cannot find specified path  |  Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:29 pm

hi . I just tried to install fb 4.

I have had Fb 2 and 3 already installed. however they are not installed right now, i havnt done a proper uninstall on these. thats why I wonder if this could be an issue? Cause i get the same error mesage about wrong paths.

jakopus
Post  Post subject: Re: Installation issue The system cannot find specified path  |  Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:15 pm

Try to run furryball installer as admin. Maybe that will help you install, if you didn't do it before. :)

johan_laurent
Post  Post subject: Re: Installation issue The system cannot find specified path  |  Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:01 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post have been edited - look at the end :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi I have followed furryballs instructions

"Ask yourself the following questions:
1. Did I uninstall older FurryBall versions first?

-I have had different furryballs versions before - however i have not unistalled them using the unistall.exe cause i have deleted those file. Anyhow I cant find any files from my old furryball version on my computer when i do search. so basicly i cant unistall older version. maybe there are files left taht interfer with the new install ?

2. Did I really let the FurryBall installer finish and install the necessary Microsoft libraries, too?

- yes

3. Didn't I manually copy some FurryBall files somewhere else than the installation directory?

- No

4. Didn't I change some registry settings manually?

- No

5. Did I copy in the license.dat file I received by e-mail, as instructed?

- No. Do u still need to do this even though u activate the free version using internet activation- When opening FB it says the program is activated

6. Didn't my hardware configuration change anyhow from the one I used to obtain the FurryBall license?

- No

7. Does my hardware configuration meet the requirements?

- Yes

ONE thing that i cant fix - In the readme files it says it is important that Furrybal have write acces .....

I tried to right click and tick of "read only" attribute in the meny however it seems win 7 have some kind of issue with this - Cause everytime i uncheck "read only" it comes back when I right cklick them again..

When doing a search for this on google it says u cant uncheck the "read only" attribute ???. However they aslo say this doesnt matter, since if u are logged in as administrator they are write accessible anyway ???

here is a link http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... c88?page=2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDITED- I tried to install furryball to another directions since the writing proplems i had - straight on c disk - here i DISCOVERED i had furryball 2 installed - (When I have tried to serach windows for any file vontaining furryball theese files dint show up ??? I will try to uninstall furryball 2 first now.

SO
"Ask yourself the following questions:
1. Did I uninstall older FurryBall versions first?

No I still have furryball 2 installed it seems :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

johan_laurent
Post  Post subject: Re: Installation issue The system cannot find specified path  |  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:22 pm

NOW it got it instaleld again :)

EVEN though I went through unistall program from control pannel and tried to search the machine for odler furryball i didnt find any, thats why I thought i have had already unisntalled odler versions, HOWEVER FB2 was installed straight on c: drive and i did find it by accident :) after deleting the files i could install fb 4 again :)

mercurio
Post  Post subject: Help Installation issue The system cannot find specified pat  |  Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:14 am

I have the same problem Please help me. Furry support !!!

FurryBall Version: 4.8.3609
License Type: Free version
HWID: uN3N9Xg8G7x5PypVFaSWmaWZHR8dnqOooAOuSzPQM1I1RAwzD0WYGpqcG52ebtDSc5y9lp_AeaKYXXx7VlaMIg==
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150202-1526)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
System RAM: 8192MB RAM
DX Card(s):
+ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (2048MB)
Cuda Card(s):
+ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (2048MB)
DX ver: DirectX 11
Driver ver: 9.18.13.4788
Driver Date: 3/13/2015 14:41:47