View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:07 am

*  Forum rules
How to submit your problem
Be sure that you use the latest graphics card drivers before you post your problem.
Be sure that all benchmarks proceeded without errors.
Please follow these steps for submitting your problems to FurryBall forum - it will help faster solve your problem.
1) Send System Info from Error Reporting from FurryBall standalone application (under menu Help->Error reporting)
2) If benchmark failed, send your Log from FurryBall standalone application (under menu Help->Logs)
3) Describe deeply your problem. If your FurryBall STOPPED rendering, describe what was changed in your computer (new hardware, new software installation)
4) You can also send simple example (picture or scene)
Also be sure that you readed FAQ

corsair08
Post  Post subject: Trying to delete Furryball Render Nodes  |  Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:43 pm

I installed the free version of Furry Ball- I am not happy with it and want to uninstall it as it is corrupting my scenes. And now I am also getting a licence problem which I don't really want to waste time fixing since I just want to uninstall the program...

The problem is that I saved a file in Maya 2014 while Furry Ball was loaded. I haven't added any furry ball materials or lights, although I did try to render the scene unsuccesfully (probabably because I have a very large model with a lot of textures and normal maps and only a 2GB card).

I updated to Maya 2015 and did not install Furr Ball. This caused an error every time I tried to open the file, and the script editor showed it was looking for furry ball.

To solve this, I was forced to install Furry Ball to Maya 2015. I am now trying to close Furry Ball (by de-selecting it from the plugin manager), but I get a warning sign that I cannot do this as it will corrupt the file. It suggests "Flushing" first but I cannot find how to do that.

Please adivse as this probem is driving me crazy. I do not want to save any other files with FurryBall open in fear it will cause the same problems, especially if myself or someone needs to open the file in a conmputer without Furry Ball installed.

I have tried OPTIMIZE FILE / SCENE without success, and also saved it as a .ma file. I opened the file in notepad and deleted any references I saw to FurryBall. The problem is, I don't know which parts still refer to FurryBall immediately after the command line containing the word FurryBall. eg.

createNode furryBallRenderSettings -n "Bamboo_Ends:furryBallRenderSettingsDefault";
createNode furryBallGlobal -n "Bamboo_Ends:furryBallGlobal";
setAttr -l on ".versionBuild" 3522;
lockNode -l 1 ;
createNode furryBallGISettings -n "Bamboo_Ends:furryBallGISettings";
lockNode -l 1 ;
createNode blinn -n "Bamboo_Ends:Bamboo_End1";

Not sure if I should delete this immediately after:

setAttr ".rfl" 0.0099999997764825821;
createNode shadingEngine -n "Bamboo_Ends:blinn1SG";
setAttr ".ihi" 0;
setAttr ".ro" yes;
createNode materialInfo -n "Bamboo_Ends:materialInfo1";
createNode groupId -n "Bamboo_Ends:groupId2";
setAttr ".ihi" 0;
createNode file -n "Bamboo_Ends:file1";

Your help would be greatly appreciated as I am getting very frustrated with this and wish I had never installed the free version in the first place. A command to get rid of any FurryBall render nodes would be ideal.

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: Trying to delete Furryball Render Nodes  |  Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:10 pm

1) Without FurryBall plugin loaded, open settings for Optimize Scene Size from Maya File menu, find Remove: unknown nodes and click on Optimize Now button.
2) Save scene and open again, in script editor you can find something like:
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node 'furryBallGlobal'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node 'furryBallGISettings'; preserving node information during this session. //
If yes, unlock this nodes, call:
lockNode -l off furryBallGlobal;
lockNode -l off furryBallGISettings;
3) Save scene and open again and continue with step 1)
Best Regards.

corsair08
Post  Post subject: Re: Trying to delete Furryball Render Nodes  |  Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:30 pm

Hi Jan,

Thank-you for your help and detailed reply
Sorry for the very late reply on my part. I followed your instructions and they did not work on Maya 2015, but I have just tried again with Maya 2016 and it seems to have cured the problem. There must have been a bug in Maya 2015 that did not allow me to clear the nodes.

Thanks again and apologies for the very late reply!