View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:03 am

*  Forum rules
How to submit your problem
Be sure that you use the latest graphics card drivers before you post your problem.
Be sure that all benchmarks proceeded without errors.
Please follow these steps for submitting your problems to FurryBall forum - it will help faster solve your problem.
1) Send System Info from Error Reporting from FurryBall standalone application (under menu Help->Error reporting)
2) If benchmark failed, send your Log from FurryBall standalone application (under menu Help->Logs)
3) Describe deeply your problem. If your FurryBall STOPPED rendering, describe what was changed in your computer (new hardware, new software installation)
4) You can also send simple example (picture or scene)
Also be sure that you readed FAQ

chris333
Post  Post subject: Re: furryball stopped working  |  Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:50 pm

I can't see why that would be the problem in my case. In the other the user had a special character " ć " in his username and it was suggested that he change that to a regular character "c", and that solved his problem.
My username is "Chris"..Nothing odd there. But just in-case, I uninstalled, changed my username to the default ,"User", reset, re-installed, same steps, and the problem persists..

Also I am using the latest release, have been from the beginning. Version - Release 1.1.3748 - So that is not the problem either.

Sorry for all the hassle :(

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: furryball stopped working  |  Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:21 pm

And can you send to us your log from newest release?
In your previous post is used FurryBall 1.0.3719.
So problem doesn't be in username, so how did you install FurryBall (for all users/only for current user)? You can try both variants.

chris333
Post  Post subject: Re: furryball stopped working  |  Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:19 pm

Problem is that I'm unable apparently to create a log. I've run this from cmd - "c:/Program Files/FurryBall RT/bin/FurryBall.exe" debug"log.html", also tried "c:/Program Files/FurryBall RT/bin/FurryBall.exe" debug"c:/log.html", and "c:/Program Files/FurryBall RT/bin/FurryBall.exe" debug"d:/log.html". Tried all three as admin also. But no log files have been created?

Also tried all users and current user.

Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: furryball stopped working  |  Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:22 pm

You didn't have space between debug and filename, so try this:
"c:/Program Files/FurryBall RT/bin/FurryBall.exe" debug "log.html"
or "c:/Program Files/FurryBall RT/bin/FurryBall.exe" debug "c:/log.html"
or "c:/Program Files/FurryBall RT/bin/FurryBall.exe" debug "d:/log.html"

chris333
Post  Post subject: Re: furryball stopped working  |  Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:09 pm

Tyiping error. Did it like that. Tried it again now just to be certain. Still no log

chris333
Post  Post subject: Re: furryball stopped working  |  Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:27 pm

Screenshot attached. Did I miss anything?

Attachments:
SS01.jpg
SS01.jpg [ 64.94 KiB | Viewed 3357 times ]
Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: furryball stopped working  |  Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:02 pm

In your console is shown that your Windows version is 6.1.7600. It is Windows 7 without Service Pack 1. Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1. So this might be the problem. Windows SP1 you can install by using Windows Update.