View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:26 am

johan_laurent
Post  Post subject: Re: Fur/Hair Shaping script  |  Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Also got the same error message maya2012 furryball3

error: Cannot find procedure "CreateMesh

I created poly plane -> selected faces -> clicked create furryballbur in furryball shelf- > choosed CVs per guid (8) -> copied "Source DurScriptsUI;" to commandshelf and hit ctrl+enter -> the window appeared -> I selected the Fur -> then clicked Fur on faces;

then // Error: Cannot find procedure "CreateMeshes". //

wondrs
Post  Post subject: Re: Fur/Hair Shaping script  |  Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:49 pm

johan_laurent wrote:
Also got the same error message maya2012 furryball3

error: Cannot find procedure "CreateMesh

I created poly plane -> selected faces -> clicked create furryballbur in furryball shelf- > choosed CVs per guid (8) -> copied "Source DurScriptsUI;" to commandshelf and hit ctrl+enter -> the window appeared -> I selected the Fur -> then clicked Fur on faces;

then // Error: Cannot find procedure "CreateMeshes". //

Again try to open the .mel file in script editor and move it to shelf whole.
This is probably bug in script itself, sometimes it works, sometimes not, but this should fix it.. ;)

johan_laurent
Post  Post subject: Re: Fur/Hair Shaping script  |  Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:36 pm

didnt fixe it. or Im doing something wrong :(

Is there any otherways to shape the hair. Iv tried to use Maya hair and draw curves to dreate a Maya hair system so furryball hair would then use theese curve. however havent got it to work either... Maybe Im doing something wrong.

Right now Im manualy moving the point ( after hitting F8) would be nice to be able to use upp/down buttons to be able to jump to different point, howerve doesnt work ...

anyway the scripts seems really nice.

wondrs
Post  Post subject: Re: Fur/Hair Shaping script  |  Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:48 pm

johan_laurent wrote:
didnt fixe it. or Im doing something wrong :(

Is there any otherways to shape the hair. Iv tried to use Maya hair and draw curves to dreate a Maya hair system so furryball hair would then use theese curve. however havent got it to work either... Maybe Im doing something wrong.

Right now Im manualy moving the point ( after hitting F8) would be nice to be able to use upp/down buttons to be able to jump to different point, howerve doesnt work ...

anyway the scripts seems really nice.

i just tried downloading the script from this forum, moving it to script editor, executing,shaping fur on mesh/faces and everything works fine...
Are you sure you execute/move to shelf the whole script? Is fur on mesh working or you get the same error?

wondrs
Post  Post subject: Re: Fur / Hair Styling / Shaping script  |  Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:16 pm

The Script and the calling command has been update in the first post, so sourcing the mel should now work without problem.

you can replace old mel, restart maya
and run
Code:
source FurScriptsUI;
FurScriptsUI();

kazanim
Post  Post subject: Furryball hair styling  |  Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:31 pm

Furryball how to hair styling?There are no details of materials? Thank you!

Attachments:
fb-2.jpg
fb-2.jpg [ 25.26 KiB | Viewed 14326 times ]
fb-1.jpg
fb-1.jpg [ 27.57 KiB | Viewed 14326 times ]
wondrs
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball hair styling  |  Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:12 am

kazanim wrote:
Furryball how to hair styling?There are no details of materials? Thank you!

Hi,
sorry, i dont understant the question.. Are you asking about materials (shading) of hair? Or materials (documentation) of hair styling?
Both is briefly explained in this video http://youtu.be/rde9IWvFUNU or in documentation http://www.aaa-studio.eu/furryball3help/

Also in documenantion, under tutorials/tutorials 6: hair/styling hair are explained several ways to style hair.

kazanim
Post  Post subject: Re: Furryball hair styling  |  Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:26 pm

Is to give the hair styling, not material, thank you for your advice, I understand the basic shape of the hair.