View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:01 pm

wondrs
Post  Post subject: Fur / Hair Styling / Shaping script  |  Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:39 pm

This is simple script, that has been used in AAA on Goat Story 2.

Download here:
http://furryball.aaa-studio.cz/files/FurScriptsUI.zip

Edit: the script file and calling command have been changed, sourcing should work now.

Instalation
1. Download and open FurScriptsUI.rar (attached in this post)
2. Copy FurScriptsUI.mel to your script folder (i.e. C:\Users\ChuckNorrris\Documents\maya\scripts)
3. Run/Restart maya and execute
Code:
source FurScriptsUI;FurScriptsUI();
down in MEL command line or script editor. Script window will appear. (move this command to shelf for further use..)

Usage
1.Create Furryball Fur, name it (to prevent bugs), edit number of Cvs (in fur settings node) according to your intentions.
2.Press Fur on Mesh or Rur on faces - depending if your fur is on whole mesh or some faces only. Meshes will be generated
3.Deform/Move/Rotate/Scale those meshes as you wish, But dont rename or edit topology! Dont change number of Cvs now!
4.Select fur and press Shape fur, shape from meshes will be transfered to fur.
5.You can edit meshes, transfer shape and test in furrybal as long as you want.
6.if you want to continue witch larger/smaller CVs/mesh levels, delete meshes, change number of CVs and generate meshes again.
7.Delete meshes and render!

Attachments:
FurScripts.gif
FurScripts.gif [ 260.62 KiB | Viewed 27681 times ]
johan_laurent
Post  Post subject: Re: Fur/Hair Shaping script  |  Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:40 am

Looks amazing , Will try it out soon

Elizuesz
Post  Post subject: Re: Fur/Hair Shaping script  |  Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi. I run this script and folow instructions everything is working to point where cript is creating meshes after i scale them or move and then hit shape fur ( before that i selected furry hair ) this error i showing : // Error: line 107: No object matches name: furryHair0.vtx[0:167].inputWorldMatrix // can You help me ?

wondrs
Post  Post subject: Re: Fur/Hair Shaping script  |  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:37 am

Elizuesz wrote:
Hi. I run this script and folow instructions everything is working to point where cript is creating meshes after i scale them or move and then hit shape fur ( before that i selected furry hair ) this error i showing : // Error: line 107: No object matches name: furryHair0.vtx[0:167].inputWorldMatrix // can You help me ?

You are probably trying to run the command with fur vertexes selected, you must select the fur in object mode a then hit "Shape fur".

Elizuesz
Post  Post subject: Re: Fur/Hair Shaping script  |  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:55 pm

I am in object mode. I was thinking maybe this is because i have trial version of FurryBall but now i am in my friend house which bought license and here is theseme error // Error: line 141: No object matches name: furryHair0ShapeLevel0.vtx[0]

wondrs
Post  Post subject: Re: Fur/Hair Shaping script  |  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:58 am

Elizuesz wrote:
I am in object mode. I was thinking maybe this is because i have trial version of FurryBall but now i am in my friend house which bought license and here is theseme error // Error: line 141: No object matches name: furryHair0ShapeLevel0.vtx[0]

- This is a different error, that i was able to get too now, Its caused by default naming of furShape node, if you rename your fur befor generating the meshes and don leave default furryHair0 everything should work..

- To that first error: try to delete meshes, rename fur and generate meshes again, If that wont work, could you please post screenshot of maya with outliner open in situation when you get the error ?
Or attach simple scene with fur getting you this error ?

Elizuesz
Post  Post subject: Re: Fur/Hair Shaping script  |  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:24 pm

I deleted meshes rename the furr node and then generate meshes again and everything is working great :) Thanks for your help ! :)

elham bajelan
Post  Post subject: Re: Fur/Hair Shaping script  |  Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:11 am

Hi

I am following the instructions but when i hit "fur on mesh", it gives an error: Cannot find procedure "CreateMesh".
I am working with furryball 3 and maya 2013.

wondrs
Post  Post subject: Re: Fur/Hair Shaping script  |  Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:37 am

elham bajelan wrote:
Hi

I am following the instructions but when i hit "fur on mesh", it gives an error: Cannot find procedure "CreateMesh".
I am working with furryball 3 and maya 2013.

Hi,
I've tried to fix that, try to download script now, its updated. If it still wont work, dont source the script, just open the mel file in script editor and run by pressing ctrl + enter.

elham bajelan
Post  Post subject: Re: Fur/Hair Shaping script  |  Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:47 pm

wondrs wrote:
elham bajelan wrote:
Hi

Hi,
I've tried to fix that, try to download script now, its updated. If it still wont work, dont source the script, just open the mel file in script editor and run by pressing ctrl + enter.

Thanks. As you said I did not source it, instead i execute from scrip editor and it worked! :)