View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:14 pm

*  Forum rules
How to submit your problem
Be sure that you use the latest graphics card drivers before you post your problem.
Please follow these steps for submitting your problems to FurryBall forum - it will help faster solve your problem.
1) Send System Info: FurryBall HWID, FurryBall version, graphics card, graphics card drivers version, Maya version, operating system
2) Send Log from Maya output window
4) Describe deeply your problem. If your FurryBall STOPPED rendering, describe what was changed in your computer (new hardware, new software installation)
5) You can also send simple example (picture or scene)
Also be sure that you readed FAQ

M.S.Referee
Post  Post subject: Strong suggest FurryBall 4 into Houdini next!!!!!!  |  Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:49 pm

First, I'm sorry for post here, because I can't find the right area and let me to post there.

FurryBall have to in Houdini!!! That's because Houdini is the king of CG now, and Houdini got almost high performance function modules, but the render speed still by CPU, and it's still a weakness. However, mantra is very well, but GPU is strong more!

So, if FurryBall will go in Houdini as fast as possible, Houdini will be the perfect artifact of CG, because FurryBall!!!

Yes! I believe that! You can think about that when you do a VFX of movie, and the best effects is rending out with high speed, high quality by a ADV GPU render, FurryBall, what wonderful is!

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Strong suggest FurryBall 4 into Houdini next!!!!!!  |  Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi, thanks for suggestion.
You can vote here:
http://furryball.aaa-studio.eu/votingPoll/index.html

We know, that Houdini is used so much, but we are afraid, that many studios use it on LINUX and FurryBall can't be on Linux at the moment.
So we will see.. But Houdini is not in the TOP of schedule right now. :(

All the Best
Jan

M.S.Referee
Post  Post subject: Re: Strong suggest FurryBall 4 into Houdini next!!!!!!  |  Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Thanks "Jan_Tomanek"!

I found that page, and I want to post my opinion, and not just a voting actually.

I know that there are many users to use Houdini on Linux, but I don't think Windows is no good with Houdini, especially the Houdini 13.

My reason is that whatever you do a effect on Houdini with Linux or Windows, there is a same key and logic to do and that is point. This is why system is no a problem, the problem only about the key and logic.

Maybe Houdini on linux is better performance than windows, but my point, windows is no bad actually, and who can with the help of GPU, who can got the big advantage actually. And I think whatever the performance as better as possible on Linux when you working, but the speed of rending is still by CPU, so, even if you got better working with Linux, but you will got terrible rending time for waiting for CPU calculation.

So, maybe you working is normal performance with windows, but when you testing and finished the job and go to rending, you will got golden life with GPU rending. A same shot is rending by CPU maybe need to spend 10 hours, but GPU just 1/10 a hours, and then who can't love it?? I save 9 hours to do other thing or relex, that's really great!

And in fact, windows user is more than Linux, so, maybe officia can open a voting for Houdini to discuss Furryball on between Linux and Windows advantages and disadvantages.

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Strong suggest FurryBall 4 into Houdini next!!!!!!  |  Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Thanks for your posting,
Big studios - the most Houdini users - are unfortunately Linux based :( and big studios not change pipeline for us to Windows... ;-(
But you can try Maya, if you need speed. 8-)

Now there is NO possible to port FurryBall to Linux because of the technology.
We are preparing Linux plugin for network render for Maya and after we will see customer'a interest.

All the Best
Jan

M.S.Referee
Post  Post subject: Re: Strong suggest FurryBall 4 into Houdini next!!!!!!  |  Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:38 pm

OK, :cry: it seems like we can't enjoy Furryball in Houdini quickly. But it's possible that we can see Furryball in Houdini with Microsoft Windows. :lol:
That's great! Becuase I'm working with Microsoft Windows and I hope Furryball in Houdini with Microsoft Windows very much. ;)

:x About Maya, well, I have to say Maya is a very worse performance tool, it framework is so old, and runing at 2 cores of CPU whatever you got how many cores. So, I was work with Maya, but I leave it long time cause it performance and to Houdini. Maya can't win Houdini for dynamics, particles and fluid, because it not on the same level of performance and quality, sample saying, it's a 2 cores VS multi-core framework, incomparability. Even for large poly handle, Maya can't win Max2014. I can't bear when simulation dynamics, particles and fluid on my dual way 24 cores 48 threads machine, Maya just useing 2 cores to do. I take the strong machine is to get better perforamnce, not for still waiting, waiting and waiting on Maya. I want to get up performance. And I'm happy to see that all cores are working on Houdini.

So, my workflow is no including Maya, but still get close with 3ds Max and Houdini. I'm very exciting when Furryball into 3ds Max, because Furryball makes 3ds Max to go to a high level, aforetime, the weakness of one of 3ds max is rending, but now the monster GPU render, Furryball was in, 3ds Max is strong up! :D

(By the way, I hope Furryball to add "Hybrid Mod- GPU+CPU+Network" and make more better performance.)