View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:05 am

*  Forum rules
How to submit your problem
Be sure that you use the latest graphics card drivers before you post your problem.
Please follow these steps for submitting your problems to FurryBall forum - it will help faster solve your problem.
1) Send System Info: FurryBall HWID, FurryBall version, graphics card, graphics card drivers version, Maya version, operating system
2) Send Log from Maya output window
4) Describe deeply your problem. If your FurryBall STOPPED rendering, describe what was changed in your computer (new hardware, new software installation)
5) You can also send simple example (picture or scene)
Also be sure that you readed FAQ

dheepan
Post  Post subject: Multi GPU and Multi CPU  |  Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:40 pm

Multi GPU and Multi CORE support

With GPU selector, you can render on specific GPU or CORE
(You can render in one Maya on CORE 1 and in meantime work in another Maya on CORE 2)

this is what the website explains but iam not clear in that ....
multi means more than one ... my doubt in that is whether will it support more than 2 GPU ( i.e) when we have 4 gpu cards in the system how Furryball is going to take it and work .. will it use 4 gpu cards or will use only 2 cards .
they have said about cores, i dont know whether its GPU cores or CPU cores in the bracket they have mentioned ( in the website in the about furryball/features section ).
we can select the GPU but can we select all the GPU in the system ....

to be precise i have explained and asked this doubt , this may be childish question to others but this thing is complex for me to understand

thanks in advance

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Multi GPU and Multi CPU  |  Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:15 pm

Hi,
All info is just about GPU (cores and cards are for FurryBall the same thing).

Because of technology, there is NO possible render one frame on TWO or more GPUs.
More GPUs you will use on renderfarm in the future. For example for rendering separate frames. In meantime you can "just" select GPU for rendering. But you can run 2 Mayas on 2 different GPU and use both card now.

It will be more clear and usable in next version of FurryBall - in standalone version.

All the Best
Jan

dheepan
Post  Post subject: Re: Multi GPU and Multi CPU  |  Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:43 pm

thank you tom sir for your reply in your busy time .. i am using your trial its good , expecting 3ds max and standalone version ..... soon i will post some rendered images

thank you .

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: Multi GPU and Multi CPU  |  Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:32 pm

FurryBall 4 is fully MultiGPU (for raytrace) - and also use more CPU threads for rendering on background.

All the Best
Jan