View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:08 pm

*  Forum rules
How to submit your problem
Be sure that you use the latest graphics card drivers before you post your problem.
Please follow these steps for submitting your problems to FurryBall forum - it will help faster solve your problem.
1) Send System Info: FurryBall HWID, FurryBall version, graphics card, graphics card drivers version, Maya version, operating system
2) Send Log from Maya output window
4) Describe deeply your problem. If your FurryBall STOPPED rendering, describe what was changed in your computer (new hardware, new software installation)
5) You can also send simple example (picture or scene)
Also be sure that you readed FAQ

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: ImagePlane won't render... help please  |  Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:02 am

http://www.aaa-studio.eu/furryball4help ... tures.html

All the Best
Jan

jakopus
Post  Post subject: Re: ImagePlane won't render... help please  |  Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:55 pm

Thank You very much, I find this very helpfull! Now I know how to load image sequence in FurryBall.
But still I don't know how to make object composite background... I tried "Use Background" material, but it doesn't work, does it? Actually, I want an object to be invisible, but I want shadows to be visible on it (I want it to recieve shadows although it is invisible or transparent). Please help, and one more time thank You!

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: ImagePlane won't render... help please  |  Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Try to turn off receive shadow for the plane, you can also unlink your light... Many ways how to do this.
You have to read help for FurryBall and Maya... ;)

All the Best
Jan

jakopus
Post  Post subject: Re: ImagePlane won't render... help please  |  Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:36 pm

But I want shadows to be visible on transparent object. If I turn off recieve shadows on that object, then they won't be visible? :)

In my scene I have a polygon plane on which is an image.
I want to add something to that image, but it doesn't look realistic without shadows.
So I made a plane under the obect which will recieve it. But I want that plane to be invisible (transparent) because then the image on the polygon plane won't be visible the whole.
But when it's transparent, there are no shadows... How to make them visible even if the plane is completely transparent?
I attached an example.
Thank You!

Attachments:
Example part 1.jpg
Example part 1.jpg [ 620.37 KiB | Viewed 8699 times ]
Example part 2.jpg
Example part 2.jpg [ 402.87 KiB | Viewed 8699 times ]
Example part 3.jpg
Example part 3.jpg [ 382.78 KiB | Viewed 8699 times ]
Jan_Smejkal
Post  Post subject: Re: ImagePlane won't render... help please  |  Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:25 am

Try to use catch shadows (store shadows in alpha channel, see http://www.aaa-studio.eu/furryball4help ... Node1.html) and blend it with your background.

jakopus
Post  Post subject: Re: ImagePlane won't render... help please  |  Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:32 pm

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand how to do it. The link you sent me didn't really help me, sorry... ;)
It would be nice if You would just expail it yourself. I would be very grateful if You could give me some steps, or pictures with descriptions of what You do to achieve that.
Thank You in advance!

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: ImagePlane won't render... help please  |  Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:43 pm

Use the postrpoduction software - Maya and FurryBall is not made for composting like this. ;-)

All the Best
Jan

jakopus
Post  Post subject: Re: ImagePlane won't render... help please  |  Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:58 pm

I have After Effects. So what should I render in FB tu put in AE, when that is not possible in Maya and FB. :)

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: ImagePlane won't render... help please  |  Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:38 pm

As it's written - use the catch shadow.
Look on some tutorial how to catch shadowt and use it.

All the Best
Jan

jakopus
Post  Post subject: Re: ImagePlane won't render... help please  |  Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:36 pm

I searched and searched, but I couldn't find any tutorial for that... :|
What does "catch shadows" do? How to render alpha chanel? Is it good - when i check "catch shadows" the plane is just black...
Please help! You know how to do this, please give me some steps how to do it, please Jan! I would be so grateful...