View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:26 am

*  Forum rules
How to submit your problem
Be sure that you use the latest graphics card drivers before you post your problem.
Please follow these steps for submitting your problems to FurryBall forum - it will help faster solve your problem.
1) Send System Info: FurryBall HWID, FurryBall version, graphics card, graphics card drivers version, Maya version, operating system
2) Send Log from Maya output window
4) Describe deeply your problem. If your FurryBall STOPPED rendering, describe what was changed in your computer (new hardware, new software installation)
5) You can also send simple example (picture or scene)
Also be sure that you readed FAQ

indigogame
Post  Post subject: I can not connect and see the displacement map  |  Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:23 pm

Hello
I have a problem. The decision could not be found in the help. I can not connect and see the displacement map
Write a small instruction how to make the connection displacement map for what to see the result. For example, what format the texture should use tiff or tga? Where to connect these textures? What should be included that would see the displacement map?
Previously, very grateful for the answers.

sersia
Post  Post subject: Re: I can not connect and see the displacement map  |  Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:16 pm

You can use this image format BMP, JPEG, PNG, DDS, TIFF, GIF, WMP for FurryBall.

Did you turn on Subdivision function in FurryBall's mesh Node?

SUBDIVISION - Subdivision parameter used for subdivisions and displacement mapping. Note that these attributes have effect only if Reflections feature is enabled in currently active render node (see Render Settings Node section) and DirectX 11 capable graphics card is used for rendering.

And as you read you need DirectX 11 capable graphics card for displacement map.

If you are ready Just using Displacement mat. in Shading Group Attributes with normal maya shader.

That is all for Displacement map.

Last edited by sersia on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

indigogame
Post  Post subject: Re: I can not connect and see the displacement map  |  Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:01 pm

sersia wrote:
You can use this image format BMP, JPEG, PNG, DDS, TIFF, GIF, WMP for FurryBall.

Did you turn on Subdivision function in FurryBall's mesh Node?

SUBDIVISION - Subdivision parameter used for subdivisions and displacement mapping. Note that these attributes have effect only if Reflections feature is enabled in currently active render node (see Render Settings Node section) and DirectX 11 capable graphics card is used for rendering.

And as you can read you need DirectX 11 capable graphics card for displacement map.

If you are ready Just using Displacement mat. in Shading Group Attributes with normal maya shader.

That is all for Displacement map.

I checked and did everything as you wrote - but I still no results.
I do not tedious, but I ask you to do a little guide with screenshots
It is very important for the achievement for me

Jan_Tomanek
Post  Post subject: Re: I can not connect and see the displacement map  |  Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Do you have DX11 card?

All the Best
Jan

indigogame
Post  Post subject: Re: I can not connect and see the displacement map  |  Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:14 pm

Jan_Tomanek wrote:
Do you have DX11 card?

yes

indigogame
Post  Post subject: Re: I can not connect and see the displacement map  |  Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:22 pm

indigogame wrote:
Jan_Tomanek wrote:
Do you have DX11 card?

yes

I have now, this GeForce GTX480 it supports dx11

sersia
Post  Post subject: Re: I can not connect and see the displacement map  |  Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:25 pm

As you can see I've used just two nodes for displacement map.

And turn on Subdivision feature in RENDER SETTINGS NODE.

FEATURES - There are many check boxes in the first part of this section, these globally enable or disable rendering of various effects or features. In general to render some effect in FurryBall this effect has to be properly set up in its node (eg. reflection map for a shape in a mesh node), sometimes an extra attribute needs to be adjusted (eg. reflected color for the shape's material) and global feature switch has to be enabled (eg. reflections here in render node). These global switches are useful for tuning particular effects or to see a performance hit of a feature.

Textures - Enable or disable rendering of all textures connected to any color related attribute.
Bump Mapping - Enable or disable bump mapping.
Shadows - Enable or disable shadow rendering for all lights with shadows enabled.
Hair - Enable or disable hair rendering of all hair systems in scene.
Reflections - Enable or disable reflections rendering for all objects with reflections enabled.
Transparency / Refractions - Enable or disable rendering with transparency and refractions.
Ambient Occlusion - Enable or disable ambient occlusion rendering.
Color Bleeding - Enable or disable color bleeding effect.
Depth Of Field - Enable or disable depth of field effect for a camera with DOF enabled.
Subsurface Scattering - Enable or disable rendering of SSS shaders if any.
Subdivision - Enable or disable rendering with subdivisions and displacement maps if any (DirectX 11 capable GPU required).

with the lastest Graphic Card Driver.

I think this is all for me.

Attachments:
dis.jpg
dis.jpg [ 110.01 KiB | Viewed 12783 times ]
dismap.jpg
dismap.jpg [ 203.63 KiB | Viewed 12783 times ]
drido
Post  Post subject: Re: I can not connect and see the displacement map  |  Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:29 pm

Same problem here :(

I''m pretty sure I run DX11 and set up everything as described.

Any more ideas?

btw: Furryball rocks, really nice work man 8-)

ps: for some reason, the Subdivision checkbox for my Rendersettings Node is behaving strangely:
After unchecking it, it doesnt let me turn it on again...

Was it ever on?????

Pavel_Hradsky
Post  Post subject: Re: I can not connect and see the displacement map  |  Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:25 am

drido, indigogame, still no success?
The displacement map should be a grayscale texture (a heightmap, although colour textures should work too), preferably JPEG, PNG or DDS.
Also try looking into the console output and the script window, if it doesn't report some errors.

drido
Post  Post subject: Re: I can not connect and see the displacement map  |  Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:52 pm

My bad, I thought my Quadro FX 5800 would run DX11 for its price, but apparently it doesnt :oops:

Will try soon with something more sophisticated, thanks for the feedback!